Focus: Individual giving, Patron and donor management
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre.
We are an award-winning project launched by a team of volunteers in 2017.
Our mission is to provide London with a sober, intersectional, intergenerational, community centre and café where all LGBTQ+ people feel welcome and supported, can build connections, and flourish. Our vision is for a more connected, belonging and thriving LGBTQ+ community in London.
We are looking for an experienced Fundraising Lead with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. We are at a turning point in our growth and the Fundraising Lead will be key in securing our organisation’s future.
Title: Fundraising Lead
Contract: 16 hours per week (2 days)
Location: Remote and at the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre, 60-62 Hopton St, SE1 9JH
Salary: £27,000 (full-time pa; pro rata)
Length of employment: 1 year contract, renewal subject to funding
Accountable to: General Manager and Board of Trustees
Key contacts: General Manager
Role purpose and core accountabilities
- Innovative approach to think of new ways to generate income for the Centre
- Friend of the Centre management: lead on donor stewardship working closely with Communications and Marketing Manager to design and deliver strategies to nurture and expand donor pool
- Create content to keep in touch with donors via Mailchimp
- Donations management on Moonclerk
- Produce bi-annual fundraising events from inception to completion
- Centre Patrons management: nurture Patrons, liaise with them regularly, stay up to speed regarding their fundraising plans to ensure their fundraising goals are met
- High network individuals management: identify individuals to contact, expand pool of influential people who support the Centre and manage on-going relationships
- Support the team with bid writing and reporting when needed
Requirements and skills –
- An engaging, passionate, energetic human
- Someone who can work self-sufficiently and in a team environment
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience; this could be on behalf of charities, small organisations, or grassroots groups
- 1-2 years experience managing individual giving donation campaigns
- Knowledge of individual giving platforms and software, e.g CRM’s/Moonclerk/Salesforce
- Track record of successful fundraising for similar organisations and similar tasks
- Sound knowledge of the charity sector in general and the LGBTQ+ community in particular
- Someone who understands community, and has experience of diverse LGBTQ+ communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
Send a short cover letter and your CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Sunday 21 January 2024. Applications will only be reviewed if a cover letter and CV are sent. Please note we may close applications earlier if we receive a large volume of submissions.
Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 5 February 2024.
The successful candidate will ideally start the week of Monday 26 February 2024.
We particularly welcome applications from trans, non-binary and POC candidates. We are a disability positive employer and we welcome the opportunity to provide reasonable adjustments as defined by the Equality Act 2010 during the recruitment, interview process and upon appointment. Please inform us if you feel you meet this criteria and if you would like to apply following a different process.