We have an incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre.
We are an award-winning registered charity launched by a team of volunteers in 2017.
Our mission is to provide London with a sober, intersectional, intergenerational, community centre and café where all LGBTQ+ people feel welcome and supported, can build connections, and flourish. Our vision is for a more connected, belonging and thriving LGBTQ+ community in London.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Finance Lead to join our team.
We’re at a turning point in our growth and the Finance Lead will be a key part of this journey. Having secured both a space for the next five years, as well as multi-year funding, we are consolidating our structure and processes.
Title: Finance Lead
Contract: 2 days per week (16 hours)
Location: Remote and at the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre
Salary: £34,000 full-time pa; pro rata
Length of employment: 1 year contract (likely to be extended)
Accountable to: General Manager and Treasurer
Key contacts: General Manager and Treasurer
Role purpose and core accountabilities
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Process invoices
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management account reports to be presented to the Board
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Finance Lead or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software, such as Xero
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
How to apply
Please send a short covering letter and your CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Sunday September 10. Please include Finance Lead Application in your subject line.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 18 September.
The successful candidate will be required to start at the beginning of October.
We particularly welcome applications from trans, non-binary and POC candidates. We are a disability positive employer and we welcome the opportunity to provide reasonable adjustments as defined by the Equality Act 2010 during the recruitment, interview process and upon appointment. Please inform us if you feel you meet this criteria and if you would like to apply following a different process.
This role has been supported by the National Lottery Community Fund.