We have an incredibly exciting opportunity to temporarily join the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre.
We are an award-winning project launched by a team of volunteers in 2017.
Our mission is to provide London with a sober, intersectional, intergenerational community centre and café where all LGBTQ+ people feel welcome and supported, can build connections, and flourish. Our vision is for a more connected, belonging and thriving LGBTQ+ community in London.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a talented and driven freelance bookkeeper to join our team for a limited period of time. We are at a turning point in our growth and the freelance bookkeeper’s contribution will be key to getting all our accounts in place and to setting up new processes and systems.
While this role is temporary, there is potential to join the team on a permanent basis, funding dependent.
Title: Freelance Bookkeeper
Contract: 10 days
Location: Remote and at the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre
Salary: £150 per day; £1,500 in total
Length of employment: two to three weeks depending on the arrangement of working days
Accountable to: Business Development Manager and Treasurer
Key contacts: Business Development Manager and Treasurer
Role purpose and core accountabilities
- Reconciliation of all bank transactions on Xero
- Reconciliation of Xero and payment platforms such as SumUp, Stripe and Eventbrite
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare a financial report to present to the Board
- Review and implement bookkeeping processes in line with the current and forecasted financial activity
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Bookkeeper or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using Xero, Sum up and Stripe
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
How to apply
Please send a short cover letter and your CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Tuesday 10 January 2023.
Interviews will take place on Monday 16 – Wednesday 18 January 2023.
The successful candidate will be required to start on Tuesday 24 January 2023.
We particularly welcome applications from trans, non-binary and POC candidates. We are a disability-positive employer and we welcome the opportunity to provide reasonable adjustments as defined by the Equality Act 2010 during the interview process and upon appointment. Please inform us if you feel you meet this criteria.