Become a Trustee at the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre and help us achieve our vision for a more connected, belonging and thriving LGBTQ+ community in London.
The London LGBTQ+ Community Centre project was launched by a team of volunteers in 2017.
Our mission is to provide London with a safe, sober, intersectional, intergenerational, community centre and café where all LGBTQ+ people feel welcome and supported, can build connections, and flourish.
In December 2021, we opened our first physical space as a pilot on London’s bankside, which is about to become permanent.
Our Centre is for LGBTQ+ people of all ages, from all backgrounds, faiths and walks of life. Intersectionality is at the heart of our ethos.
Our values are:
Respect ⎢Community⎢ Intersectionality⎢ Empowerment⎢ Solidarity⎢ Responsibility
You can learn more about our organisation on: londonlgbtqcentre.org
ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR A HR TRUSTEE:
All trustees have joint governing responsibilities with other trustees to ensure that the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
Being responsible for the performance of the organisation and for its behaviour; ensuring that the organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements. Acting as guardians of the organisation’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application. Ensuring that the organisation’s governance is of the highest possible standard and is striving for best practice in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Trustee with HR responsibilities takes on additional responsibilities to include:
- Being committed to ensuring highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, reward and recognition, as well as staff and trustee training and development.
- To review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing where appropriate.
- Assessing risks and measuring the impact of HR interventions in the light of changing legal requirements and best practice.
- Implementing policies and practices in the context of furthering charitable objectives and evaluating how they impact beneficiaries and staff.
- Ensuring long-term strategic oversight of the organisation’s personnel and staffing requirements in relation to the overarching goals of the charity.
- To actively contribute as required to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
- To ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to the charitable objectives and complement the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre’s culture.
- To ensure the Trustee Board monitors and reviews the performance of the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre’s Business Development Manager, rewards performance accordingly and identifies appropriate development opportunities.
- To ensure that Equality, Diversity & Inclusive Practices are business as usual in the HR function.
As a Trustee you will have:
- Induction and training
- The opportunity to be part of the organisation’s journey at a very exciting moment
- An opportunity to influence & collectively lead an organisation
- Develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- The chance to contribute to helping all LGBTQ+ individuals in London to live happier, healthier lives and have a stronger sense of belonging
- The opportunity to work with a team of very passionate, professional, fun and diverse people
Deadline for applications: Thursday 6 October 2022.
Do you want to apply? Please send us your CV + a small letter stating how you could make a change as a Trustee and why you would like to work with us, to [email protected].
We particularly welcome applications from trans, non-binary and POC candidates. We are a disability positive employer and we welcome the opportunity to provide reasonable adjustments as defined by the Equality Act 2010 during the interview process and upon appointment. Please inform us if you feel you meet this criteria.
Do you want to know a bit more first? Do not hesitate to drop us an email to [email protected] to arrange a call.