Update: Thank you for applying for the Events and Outreach Lead role.
We’re emailing everyone by Friday 29 September who applied for this. position.
If you haven’t received an email by Monday 2 October, contact us at [email protected].
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre!
We are an award-winning registered charity, launched by a team of volunteers in 2017.
Our mission is to provide London with a sober, intersectional, intergenerational, community centre and café where all LGBTQ+ people feel welcome and supported, can build connections, and flourish. Our vision is for a more connected, belonging and thriving LGBTQ+ community in London.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a creative Events and Outreach Lead with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. As a community-led events space, this role is key to ensure that our programme offers an exciting, inclusive and diverse range of activities catering to our entire community.
Title: Events and Outreach Lead
Contract: 4 days per week (32 hours)
Location: Remote and at the London LGBTQ+ Community Centre
Salary: £26,000 full-time pa; pro rata
Length of employment: 1-year contract
Accountable to: Centre Manager
Key contacts: Centre Manager, Communications and Marketing Manager and General Manager
Role purpose and core accountabilities
- Manage our events calendar
- Manage events from inception to completion
- Support Communications Manager in relation to events and their promotion
- Coordinate invoicing and liaise with Finance Lead to ensure payments are processed in a timely manner
- Manage venue hire agreements
- Track footfall and attendance
- Ensure feedback is being collected after all events and coordinate feedback management
- Review feedback, implement improvements and coordinate response to the community
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with event facilitators
In-house events and grant-funded projects
- Come up with ideas for programmes responding to the community’s needs and feedback
- Support General Manager in preparing funding bids
- Lead funded programmes and liaise with General Manager for reporting
- Lead exhibitions programme and supervise curator volunteer
- Develop outreach audit annually to ensure the Centre welcomes as many people and sectors from the community as possible
- Develop annual outreach strategy following audit
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with other venues to expand calendar
- Maintain relationships with LGBTQ+ service providers across London and the UK to ensure the Centre’s signposting service is as up-to-date and effective as possible
- As we are a very small team everyone is expected to contribute to welcoming visitors, making sure the Centre is presentable before events and supporting facilitators with their set-up when working from the Centre.
Requirements and skills
- Previous events and/or project management experience
- Great knowledge of the LGBTQ+ services landscape in London and ideally the UK
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Ability to manage budgets
- A flexible, community-driven, proactive approach
- Administrative and IT skills including Google Apps (Mail, Docs, Drive etc.)
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Great team working spirit
How to apply
Please send a short cover letter and your CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 8 September. Please include Events and Outreach Lead Application in your email subject line.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 September.
The successful candidate will be required to start as early as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from trans, non-binary and POC candidates. We are a disability-positive employer and we welcome the opportunity to provide reasonable adjustments as defined by the Equality Act 2010 during the interview process and upon appointment. Please inform us if you feel you meet this criteria.
Please note that whilst we have an advertised closing date, we will review applications on a rolling basis and/or close this advert if we receive an overwhelming response. You are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible for this exciting opportunity.
This role has been supported by the National Lottery Community Fund.